Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket

Pages

New Fan Page!!!

The blog finally has a Facebook Fan Page! Show it some love by clicking "Like" on the sidebar under my followers. Thanks!

Check out DanshaDesigns!

sponsors

Amazing Times Are Coming Miscellaneous Ramblings
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something happily-married USF grad from the Sunshine State. I love Jesus, real estate, traveling, beauty/ makeup products, home decorating and DIY projects. Follow along for fun product reviews, giveaways and more!

Blog Archive

Search

Thursday, March 15, 2012

"It's OK" - Family Edition!

Ahhh family....they are crazy as can be but you just have to love them! And seeing as I will be surrounded by my husband's side of the family for the next 3 days for his niece's sweet 16, here are some strange feelings/ concerns I always seem to have before seeing them again!

Its Ok Thursdays


It's OK....
...that 3 consecutive days with family feels like it more than makes up for 6 months apart from them!
... to forget that you have only known your in-laws for 5 years because it feels like you have grown up with them your entire life!
... to panic before any major family function and want to lose 5 pounds in a week because there is this strange need to still impress them
... to feel really odd about going to a sweet 16 and being one of the adults. Can you still drop it like it's hot?
... to be amazed at how much kids have changed since I was 16, only 7 years ago!
... to just be happy that I am actually going to a party, even if that means I am surrounded by family and teenagers the whole time! My schedule has been so filled with work/ obligations that I haven't danced the night away in a really long time!
... that I have been forcing my hubster to become my personal trainer so I can lose those 5 pounds I mentioned and tell him he is fired if it doesn't happen (just kidding about the last part!)
... to think I have the best sisters-brother-in-law ever!
Some photos of this side of my family at our wedding....
his aunts and sisters



baby cousins!

his aunt, uncle and cousin
Part of our bridal party
Danny with his mom and sister...I love this pic!


Okay, so now that I have filled you in on what a complete dork I am and how desperately I need a night out, I hope you still come back tomorrow to read about my gas situation! Seriously, ha!

love always,

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

You were 16 seven years ago?! You can definitely go to that sweet 16 and drop it like it's hot!! Have a blast, girl!

Erica said...

Love your picturs of your wedding, so pretty!!! I especially can relate to wanting to look good even though they have seen me at my best and worst. Hope your cousins sweet 16 is amazing and fun!

Lauren said...

Hope you guys have an awesome time at the Sweet 16 and def drop it like it's hot haha!!!! :-)

Ryan said...

I say you should totally drop it like it's hot! Show them young'ins how it's done! ;)

P.S. I'm hosting a link-up party, too - would love for you to join in on the fun! (And this post totally counts!)

Monica said...

You are going to have a great time! I always stress before big family events especially with such a big family

Established: 2008 said...

Found you through Ryan's blog! Isn't it weird when you're suddenly an adult? I have moments like that all the time and it's so weird!