Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket Photobucket

Pages

New Fan Page!!!

The blog finally has a Facebook Fan Page! Show it some love by clicking "Like" on the sidebar under my followers. Thanks!

Check out DanshaDesigns!

sponsors

Amazing Times Are Coming Miscellaneous Ramblings
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something happily-married USF grad from the Sunshine State. I love Jesus, real estate, traveling, beauty/ makeup products, home decorating and DIY projects. Follow along for fun product reviews, giveaways and more!

Blog Archive

Search

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Wreath Tutorial





It's Thursday and you know what that means. It's OK...
  • to give yourself an energy boost during work by doing 100 jumping jacks while rotating in a square. Hey, don't judge!
  • to order an absentee ballot even though I will be in town for elections. It's just so much easier to google candidates while filling out the forms!
  • to realize that there are some things which just can't be up-cycled. But for everything else, there's crafts to be made!
  • to be super proud of my Fall wreath which is also the first wreath I've ever made from scratch! And here's the tutorial so you can make one too!
Pom-Pom Fall Wreath

  
Here's what you'll need to make your own wreath:
  • Styrofoam wreath - $1 at Target!
  • Ruler
  • Yarn in coordinating colors
  • Scissors
  • Glue gun
  • Fabric - optional (for rosette flowers)
Step 1: Create the pom-poms to go on the wreath
  1. Cut a 5" or 5.5" piece of yarn and leave it to the side
    2. Use the same color yarn as the piece you just cut and start wrapping the yarn around 2 or 3 of your fingers depending on how big you would like them to be. For my wreath, I alternated sizes. Don't wrap the string too tightly around fingers or it will be harder to slid off your hand when you are finished.
   3. Wrap the yarn around your fingers about 50 times before snipping off the roll.
    4. Slide the yarn off your fingers and tie the piece of string tightly around the middle to secure the yarn together.
    5. Cut off all the loops in the yarn to leave loose ends and then use the scissors to even out the lengths.
     6. Fluff up the yarn to give it a pom-pom shape. You can also shape it in your hands similar to rolling dough into a ball.
  7. Repeat steps 1 -6 with you different colors of yarn until you have enough pom-poms to fill your wreath.
 
Step 2:
 
 8. Wrap your wreath in one of the shades of yarn.

  9. Use your glue gun to adhere the pom-poms to the yarn-wrapped wreath.

10. You can also add rosettes (as I did) or felt flowers to your wreath for even more decoration.

11. Tie with a ribbon and hang up your new wreath for all to see! :)



I'm linking up with:
Brunch with Amber
The Frugal Girls
Somewhat Simple
Seven Thirty Three
36th Avenue



 


6 comments:

Jenna said...

You are SO creative! And I love love love your new blog name!

Lauren said...

I love it so much need to try one of these next craft night :-)

Melanie said...

Stopping by from the link-up! I love, love, love your wreath and your blog is super cute.

I'm your newest follower. I hope you check out the blog and spread the love!
http://careerdesirestobottlesanddiapers.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Stopping by from the linkup! Super cute wreath! I'm going to attempt my first ever wreath this weekend! So here's hoping! Also, love your Bible verse at the bottom of your blog!

Anonymous said...

I really like this wreath! I love the colors! I'd love for you to share this and any other crafts at my new linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

T'onna
http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-1-linky-party_7.html

Jena Roach said...

Oh my word! That wreath is FAB. I love wreaths. Thanks for the tutorial!