Over the weekend I made a ring holder and with
Here's what you need for the ring holder:
I used a jewelry box that was 5" long x 3" wide x 2" high because I don't really have that many rings. However, you could even use a small shoe box if you would like. It would just be a little more work!
2. Scotch Tape.
3. A Ruler (I got this one from New Zealand and it's made with all the different types of wood they have!)
4. An old magazine, or several, depending on how large you want to make your ring holder. I only used 1/2 a magazine.
6. Pretty Fabric
Now, let's make it happen!
*All steps will be according to the size of my box that I mentioned above.
- cut about 5-8 pages at a time of the magazine into strips that are 3" across
- measure 2" and fold until the entire strip is wrapped.
- Repeat until there are enough of these folded strips to fill your box (I used about 12)
- Use scotch tape to secure the folded strip together.
- wrap your fabric around each folded strip and secure with scotch tape
- place each strip into the jewelry box after wrapping.
- Repeat until the strips are tightly pressed against each other in the box.
|Total Time: 15-20 minutes!|
I wish I had taken pictures of the steps but all you really need is:
- double-sided tape, a few small nails or super glue (or all 3 if you are like me!)
- an old screen or some type of heavy-duty mesh fabric
- a picture frame minus the glass and backing.
Step 2: attach the mesh to the frame with the use of either the tape, nails or glue.
Step 3: trim any excess mesh if needed.
Step 4 (optional): you can line the backing of the frame with a pretty fabric if you don't want it to be see-thru
Step 5: hang up all your pretty earrings!
I'm liking that the beach is the best spot for an afternoon picnic in the fall!
Danny and I went to Sand Key Beach over the weekend to spend some quality time together and loved the peace and serenity we found there. Here are some pics of us sitting on the rocks that overlook Clearwater Beach as we watched the boats go by. So nice!
|our feet in the shade|
|sitting on a beach towel, enjoying our picnic|
|a pic of danny takinga pic LOL|
I'm liking that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and that means I get plenty of time catching up with friends and family, plus lots of good food!
As always, I'M LOVING my sweet hubster, Daniel!