So, why is patience such a virtue?
Something very important and heart-changing.
God doesn't urge us to have patience for the sake of others or even just because it would make Him happy.
Patience is a virtue unlike many others because it is something we do for OURSELVES.
- It is what helps us to live a life that is even more in the image of Christ (Galatians 5:22-23)
- It opens the door for us to inherit God's promises (Hebrews 6:11-12)
- Builds our trust in God (Romans 8:24-25)
- Creates strength and endurance(James 1:3)
- Most importantly, it forms us into more of an example for those around us (1 Timothy 1:16)
** Sorry this wasn't a lighthearted post, but sometimes the truth hurts.