Here are the 6 biggest lessons I've learned since being married for (almost) 6 months:
- Communicate! from the seemingly obvious things to the obscure, it's so important to discuss any changes that are being made that could affect your spouse.
- Don't assume anything! If you aren't sure about something, ask nicely for him/her to explain.
- If you can't agree on how to squeeze the toothpaste, just get your own tube.
- Examine yourself before pointing out the faults of your spouse (this is my biggest work in progress!)
- Keep doing good, even if it feels like it's killing you. In the end you will be stronger for it.
- Love, true love, really does overcome everything else.
and we also got in 2 amazing books by Dr. Ed Wheat that were given to us by a missionary friend and we are completely excited to read them (especially the 2nd, haha!):
|Staying in Love for a Lifetime. It is filled with amazing stories of couples who were able to overcome the odds together :)|
|It's all about Intimacy in Marriage and also covers medical information|